WHAT WE DO
Our Construction Division has been and will continue to be a significant contributor to the Group’s earnings and profits. Construction activities are being undertaken by Trans Resources Corporation Sdn Bhd (TRC) being the Group’s main operating company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of TRC Synergy Bhd.
TRC is a company with a long history marked by a strong business presence in the Malaysian construction industry. Throughout more than three decades since its inception in 1984, TRC has established itself as a highly reputable contractor with strong implementation capability and proven track records in the undertaking and completion of major infrastructure and building construction works for rail infrastructure works (i.e. LRT, MRT and etc.), highways and roads, buildings, airport terminals, runways and related facilities, port facilities, submarine bases, bridges, and etc.
The key projects undertaken and completed by TRC include the following:
- Upgrading of Labuan Airport;
- New Rail Link from South to West Port at Pulau Indah;
- New Prison Complex at Bentong, Pahang;
- Kuala Terengganu Airport Upgrading and Runway Extension;
- New Submarine Base for Royal Malaysian Navy at Sepangar Bay, Sabah;
- Road to Link Sibu to Sg. Loba Satubah (Package 1);
- UniKL New Campus at Pasir Gudang, Johor Bahru;
- New Training Institute for Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency at Kuantan, Pahang;
- Modernization of Brunei International Airport;
- Guideway, Station, as well as Park & Ride Car Park of Kelana Jaya LRT Line Extension Project;
- Three (3) Elevated Stations plus Administrative Buildings and Maintenance Depot at Sg. Buloh of MRT Line 1;
- Access Road from Sangan to Kapit, Sarawak;
- Refurbishment and Upgrading of Parliament House; Works (Parcel B) of KL ECO City’s Integrated Development Project; and many more.
The ongoing major projects that TRC is currently undertaking include:
- The construction of Guideway and Serdang Maintenance Depot for MRT Line 2, Johan Setia Depot for LRT line 3,
- Road works package for Pan Borneo Highway Sarawak from Batang Skrang to Sg. Awik Bridge, and
- Construction contract for an integrated property development project in Putrajaya.
The latest projects being awarded to TRC are Mixed Development in Precinct 8 Putrajaya; Mint Modernisation Project for Bank Negara Malaysia and Elevated Stations at Equine Park and Taman Putra Permai for MRT Line 2.
Whilst TRC’s immediate priority is to implement and deliver existing projects in hand, it will continue to participate in tendering for projects which fall within its forte, be it from the Peninsular Malaysia or East Malaysia and in particular Sarawak as TRC is well-positioned for the infrastructure boom in the state with its Unit Pendaftaran Kontraktor (UPK) license status which is strongly backed by more than two decades of strategic business presence in the Land of the Hornbills.